-ShabbyBlogs-

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Water, Water Everywhere... It Gives Me Time to Think.

I got to go back and visit my parents in my hometown over the past three-day weekend. During this, I got to visit the beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene, which is not a terribly long way from where I grew up.
It led to a lot of introspective realization. (Whoo-hoo, look at dem word choices!)
But really, going home helps to clear my head. And this last weekend was by no means an exception to that rule. I made some fairly life-changing decisions.
The biggest of which was to drop my classes at the university for this semester and take a break from school.

Woof. That sounds crazy, right? Yeah, maybe it is a little. But life lately has led me to realize that crazy comes in all forms, and some are better choices than others. 

I found that I was heading in a direction I didn't want to go, but felt was 'necessary' or 'expected'. When I realized that most of what I was keeping up with was due to pride, I also came to see that I had to let go of some of the things I was stubbornly holding on to. One of these was my major in History. 
As it turns out, I'm not cut out to sit in museum basements. 

But that's not to say I will never get the opportunity to work for the Smithsonian! But this realization and some other major issues need to be dealt with first. I don't know where life is going to take me at all. All I know is that right now, I'm going to take a break and resume school in the fall to pursue a degree in Food and Nutrition.

At least that's the plan.


But who knows?



I'm not in charge here.


Love,


Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment