-ShabbyBlogs-

Friday, January 25, 2013

Hanging Out With Aliens



It never fails. Every time it hits the end of January, I am rabid for Spring. The stores don't make it any easier, with their sandal and swimsuit displays. So every once in a while I pretend that it's May and dress as such just to ease the longing. 




Of course, I pair it with sweaters to ward off the inevitable Idahoan-pneumonia that would accompany such an outfit.

While I wait, I tend to watch old favorites. 'Comfort shows', if you will. My go-to is the late '70s classic: Mork and Mindy.


Mork and Mindy was a spin-off of the television favorite Happy Days, and it's a story of a bewildered and friendly alien who is sent to Earth to make a report on what humans are like. He meets an earthling named Mindy, and together they have absolutely hilarious encounters with what we would consider everyday happenings.


Kinda.

This show absolutely slays me. It is belly-laugh funny, and in my opinion, Robin Williams is at his absolute best. 


If you ever catch me saying 'Ko' as opposed to 'Ok', it's thanks to my addiction to this delightful show.

In lieu of spring, it's probably healthiest to take in as much vitamin D as possible. Seriously folks, this stuff is a sanity saver.


And wear a springy outfit every once in a while. I promise it'll do you good.

But do the smart thing and wear a sweater. Nobody likes to have the sniffles.

Also advisable is to throw a party to ward off the winter chill. So if you will excuse me, I'm going to go frost forty-eight cupcakes and brew thirty cups of hot cocoa.

Whether I'll be consuming them alone or not is completely irrelevant.

Ladeeda!

Love,

Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment