-ShabbyBlogs-

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Wearing a Large Sweater

Yesterday I had the opportunity to finally watch the book-made-movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". And folks: it's a must-see.



I read this book only a couple of months ago at the recommendation of a friend, and I read it in three days. My scale of read-worthy books goes from good Italian-food books: substantial but read slowly to enjoy them fully and digest it all; to butterscotch cookie books: you know you should go through it slowly, but dangit it is so darn good that you want to finish it as quickly as you can so that you can make another batch and read it all over again. 

Alrighty... not my best metaphor, a bit lengthy, and definitely written on an empty stomach, but I assure you, "Perks" really is a butterscotch cookie book/film.

 If you have seen or read it, good on ya. If you haven't, I highly recommend you do so ASAP. This movie/book's got it all- indelible characters, an emotional roller-coaster ride, and a dialogue that is a smorgasbord of quotable lines.

One of my favorite lines is from when the main character, Charlie (played by  Logan Lerman *swoon*) says to Sam (played by Emma Watson *Harry Potter Fan swoon*):

"Do you ever think that if people knew how crazy you really were that no one would ever talk to you?"

Lerman in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Amen, Brother. Amen.

On another note, large sweaters are the ultimate cure-all for the weather lately.

The perks of wearing a large sweater:


 Ability to wear leggings without being petitioned by the "Not-Real-Pants" club.
Can be spruced up or down in a jiffy.



 Keeps you snuggly and warm. 


 Come summer, string this baby between two trees and you've got yourself a hammock.



Alright, maybe not.
But,
These sweaters are slowly becoming my favorite wardrobe piece. And the best part? Thrift stores are always full of these in the Men's Section. I got this one recently for 47 cents.

Boo-Yah.

And, on one last cuddly note, here is a picture for you of my boy, Monet:



Now, if that can't make you feel warm and fuzzy, I hear there's vacancy on Mount Crumpet.

Stay warm, folks!

Love, 
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment