-ShabbyBlogs-

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Twenty-One

Yesterday was my twenty-first birthday. And I got my hair dyed blonde ombre on Saturday. Hello, change. I'm starting to feel like I've moved from life's preliminary rounds and on to the semi-finals.


I've also discovered that I have the world's most loving and generous family (alrighty, I've known this a while, but every once in a while they truly spoil me!) and hundreds of amazing friends. Facebook page be blowin' up yesterday! Thank you to each and every one of you well-wishers!


I also am getting my own ukulele after weeks of coveting my dad's. Holla!

I'm mostly glad that I have many people who will support me now that I've entered old age.


Alright, maybe I'm not as old as I feel, but when I think of where I was when I started college at eighteen, I know I've changed. A lot.


Some of it for the better, some not. But I'd be delusional to think that growing up would be easy.


I was told that I looked like a 'sweet eighties chic' yesterday. I'll take it.


Finding myself has been a merry chase. And I don't think there will be any definite 'final product'. 

How lame would that be? 

'You have reached the final stage of development creatively, spiritually, and mentally. Please wait here until you die.'

No thanks. I think I'll stay ephemeral, if you don't mind.

In other news, I have found the newest addition to my time-waste program: The Harlem Shake. Here's one of my faves from the University of Georgia Men's Swim and Dive Team:


Can't get enough of it. And the number of videos goes on forever! Farewell, productivity. It was good while it lasted.

I like to think that birthdays give you a fresh start. A chance to resolve some of the issues you may have had in your past year. At least, that's the stance I'm taking.


So here's to twenty-one, to friends, to family, to ukulele music that can lift a mood instantaneously!

And to buying wine just because the label is cool.

Love,

Chloe




No comments:

Post a Comment