-ShabbyBlogs-

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Skirt, A Dress, Another Skirt, Three More Dresses...

Oh, fabric.

Be still my beating heart. I have nine new yards of fabric waiting at my fingertips. Dear Blue and White Stripes, and Army Green, I can't wait for you to meet my sewing machine!

That's more than enough for three skirts and two dresses. I already have an order put in by Suz for a summer dress in the striped material. And I have definite plans for the army green material. It involves a skirt, suspenders, and possibly a suede fox applique. And gold buttons.

Oh boy. Buttons.

I can't even describe the love I have for buttons. It is my firm belief that they should be placed on everything. Well, nearly everything. Fimm might be put off if I tried to decorate his cave. He has it just the way he wants, I think. Full of water? I'm not sure what interior decorating methods fit his personality just yet.

It's a relationship in progress, me and my beta.

Some days we are best friends. Other days he forgets his name.

You understand.

But back to the fabric. Oh, do I have plans for it! And did I mention how much I spent on it? ...$9.00, at a dollar a yard.

Oh happy, thrifty day!

The fact that I found it at Walmart does not bother me in the least.



No comments:

Post a Comment